Eligibility & Requirements
- A high school education or its equivalent as recognized by the Georgia Department of Education. (Minimum GED score of 45 per section-total 225.)
- Certification as an EMT/I or EMT/P with the State of Georgia, within 2 years of employment.
- Preferred-Certification from Georgia Firefighters Standards and Training Council as Certified Firefighter.
- Preferred-Minimum of 30 quarter hours in Associates degree.
- Pass the required background investigation, polygraph examination, and physical examination.
- Willing to work in harmony and on any shift or assignment.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must have a valid Georgia’s driver’s license (Class B-Minimum)
The City of LaGrange welcomes you as an applicant for a position with the Fire/Rescue Department, but if you cannot meet or abide by the above stated conditions and/or requirements, it is suggested that you not complete a formal application as exceptions cannot be made. The City of LaGrange is an equal employer.